Thursday, November 18, 2010

Party of Two: Thanksgiving Dinner

It’s hard to cook for two people on a regular day without tons of leftovers, but holiday cooking is especially hard for a party of two. Matt has to work the day after Thanksgiving, so we decided to stay in Columbia for this holiday. My mom always cooked a Martha Stewart worthy turkey with all the traditional fixings every year with plenty of leftovers. (There’s nothing better than a turkey and stuffing sandwich the day after Turkey Day.) This being the first year that the meal preparations are up to me, I was a little uneasy about the daunting task of selecting, prepping, and cooking my very own bird. So I came up with the perfect solution to order a fully cooked Greenberg Smoked Turkey. These birds get rave reviews and this way we will still have a yummy Turkey Day dinner and enough leftovers for two without the hassle.

With the main course out of the way, I can focus on some yummy side dishes. I decided to keep it simple to save time and to reduce the amount of leftovers. This is what I’m thinking:

- Mashed Potatoes and Gravy (of course!)

- Green Beans

- Mama Caccia’s stuffing

- Cranberry sauce (we prefer the canned version)

- Pumpkin or Apple pie (Haven’t decided yet, but we might have BOTH!)

An early HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all our family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. You will not be sorry about that Greenberg! They are absolutely delicious. Jonathan's family has them every year, and now I miss it when we're with my family for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete