Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's Fall Y'all


It’s the first day of fall and for Columbia that means a balmy 95 degrees. Yikes! Last year, I was spoiled with the perfect fall days of New York and Connecticut. So this morning, with a warm cup of tea in hand, I snuggled up on the couch and closed my eyes. My memories took me back to this time last year.

The leaves changed from luscious greens to warm golds, reds, and oranges.

The weather was cool and breezy.

Boots, sweaters, and scarves- an essential part of everyday.

Apple picking, football the Ivy League way, strolls through Central Park, staying warm with bowls of French onion soup in a little cafe----all the ingredients to an ideal autumnal experience.


In the reverie of last year’s autumn, I developed a growing excitement for making memories of a Southern Fall. Here’s to the start of a wonderful season!

No comments:

Post a Comment